Contributors

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Takin' a DOODLE-DUMP...!!!

So throughout the last 22-odd years of formal art training and 10-odd years of actually getting paid to draw the occasional piece this never occurred to me.

Warm-up before you start some serious work.

 I've never done it regularly before now, not as an artist.  And what's worse, it's something I've taught other people to do!  For two years I taught high school Art, and never began a class without a warm-up activity.  Hell, I've been coaching wrestling for almost a decade, and I've lost count of how many times I've emphasized warming up before you do any activity.  And only just recently did I say to myself, "How come you aren't doing some warm-up sketches before you get to work?"
 I should be smacked.  Not because of the fact that I've never gotten into the practice of mentally gearing myself up before going to work, but because it makes me guilty of not practicing what I preach.

So from now on I solemnly swear to regularly post my warm-ups.  And by that I also mean that I solemnly swear to regularly do warm-ups.  When and where I can, I shall post them in bunches.  Behold... the doodle dumps!!

 These pictures will comprise my first three dumps.  Why?  Because maybe rich guys shouldn't cavort around rooftops with underaged boys in tights, no matter how high the crime rate is...


 ...Because the TV show "Psych" is one of my guiltiest pleasures...


...and because I cannot turn away from the first half-hour of Kubrick's "Full Metal Jacket."


...flush.

No comments:

Post a Comment