Contributors

Monday, July 29, 2013

Second Round Con Prints for ya!!!

For Heroes Con in June, I was able to knock out two more Prints.

This first one, a Poison Ivy/Harley Quinn pin-up, went through a couple of different incarnations.  I really wanted to try to get the whole chummy, slightly goofy "Thelma and Louise" dynamic down between the two.


I also really wanted to work on the basic color theory stuff that I was too brick-headed to get when my old professor Durwin Talon was teaching it back at SCAD.  It took a Q&A session with Brian Stelfreeze at last year's Baltimore Con for me to finally get what I should've learned a decade ago.


Next up was something I'd sketched in one of my sketchbooks more than a year ago.  I finally revisited the idea and gave it the old once-over...


I love, and I mean LOVE the movie "Office Space"!!  I made sure to add to everyone who saw it at the booth in Charlotte that proceeds from sales of this print would go to the hunt for a red Swingline stapler.  (Believe it or not, they've been impossible to find since the movie came out!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment